Monday, August 17, 2009

'Klamath' - Mark Eitzel

And so the world's greatest songwriter completes another solo album, entitled 'Klamath'. American Music Club's main man has had some wonderful solo records over the years ('60 Watt Silver Lining' is up there with some of his best AMC stuff) and some not so great - 'Ugly American' immediately springs to mind. 'Klamath' contains 12 new recordings and the tracklisting is as follows;

1 Buried Treasure
2 Like a river that reaches the sea
3 The Blood On My Hands
4 I Miss You
5 There’s Someone Waiting
6 What Do You Got For Me
7 The White Of Gold
8 I Live In This Place
9 Why I’m Bullshit
10 Remember
11 Antennas
12 Ronald Koal Was A Rock Star


There's no release date as yet and there will be a European tour in October/November with a sprinkling of Irish dates but none confirmed as yet. Here's what Eitzel has to say about the new record.....

"I know I’ll never reproduce most of it on a stage - but believe me it is enough work / expense touring with a pianist. I don’t think that most people who come see me will be too disappointed that I don’t perform the songs in the same style as the record - because all they want to hear are Johnny Mathis’ Feet and Firefly anyway (which is fair enough and I am proud to play them).

Next I am going to record an album of newer songs to sell as merch. These will be particularly lo-fi recordings. I am giving myself an hour each to get them together... Should be fun. After that I will record the songs that me and my pianist play together...

Merch. I always used to hate it but now I have to live for it...
"

Ah, therein lies the tragedy. Buy this record.

No comments:

Post a Comment