Thursday, May 6, 2010

Lambchop session on Daytrotter

If the day ever comes that I compile a list of, not just my favourite gigs, but live tracks then witnessing Lambchop conquer the Olympia theatre once with You Maculine You will be right up there. (This has me thinking now - Cop Shoot Cop by Spiritualized with full backing band/gospel choir/kitchen sink, The Cutter by Echo and the Bunnymen back in 1997 and Mark Eitzel throwing his heart and soul into Nightwatchman as recently as last year are in there too.) You, alas, is not on this session but Lambchop are a fiercesome live band nonetheless and have released some of the most compellingly understated music of the past decade. You may know them as the band who recorded Nixon but OH (Ohio) is equally deserving of your love.
Daytrotter session: Lambchop

1 comment:

  1. Lambchop at the Olympia is still my favourite gig even after the hundreds of gigs I've been to since.

    Remember a guy beside us kindly sharing his joint with us and a couple getting up out of there seats to dance their way down the aisle (during Your Fucking Sunny Day I think?)

    Magical gig.

    ReplyDelete