Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Video: 'Bloodbuzz Ohio' - The National

The National. Does any other contemporary band get such fawning press? And are they worthy? I like The National, sure, but having immersed myself in High Violet these past couple of weeks, I remain unconvinced by the claims made widely on its behalf. There are three wonderful songs on there, as good as any I've heard from the band but the rest, thought it entertains just doesn't grasp me. And Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks isn't half as epic as it so badly wants to be. Then there's the fact that the recorded version of Terrible Love scarcely resembles the song taken by the throat and fucked around by Matt Berninger and Bryan Devendorf on Fallon. Good, sure, just not great.

The National - "Bloodbuzz Ohio" (official video) from The National on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment