Thursday, December 3, 2009

Pavement tickets on sale tomorrow morning

Bring on the inevitable 9am bloodbath. This will go one of two ways. I get a ticket (a 10% chance) and magnanimously decide that "It's the fairest way", or I end up empty handed (a 90% chance) and curse the "fucking bastards" at Ticketmaster and scurry over to toutless and put in an early morning request for a ticket. Actually, given their ridiculous booking fees, I'll be cursing Ticketmaster either way.
EDIT: Well that was a mercifully damp squib. It began typically at 8.55am with repetitive refreshing until tickets became available - surprisingly enough there was no problem so I decided to go back in for one more. Once again, no problem. Checked back at 11am and there were still some tickets available. I don't get it - Pavement were, in their own slacker way, every bit as seminal as The Pixies who recently sold out three Olympia dates in minutes, yet tickets for this were openly available most of the morning. Perhaps though, Pavement never wrote an anthem that you could readily identify with, a 'Debaser' or 'Here Comes Your Man', say. There was something more angular or obtuse about their sound that made them harder work but which made their back catalogue more enduring.
Frankly though, I don't give a shit. They were a band who meant a lot to me and who straddled the 1990's alternative music scene with wit and intelligence. Looks like I'll be logging on to toutless.com for different reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment